Low Pressure Emergency Shutdown
The Gevalco “Low Pressure Emergency Shutdown” module is designed to provide reliable self-contained automatic control of pipeline valves based on low pressure at the sensing point. This control module can be set up for automatic valve opening or closing depending on operational requirements. Many customers utilize this control module in conjunction with the Gevalco “Automatic Line Break Control” module to provide a redundant shutdown function. Low pressure is sensed and control action initiated through the use of a diaphragm-operated hi-pressure pilot valve. The diaphragm pilot valve trip setpoint can be adjusted over a wide range of operating pressures. Once the line pressure drops below the setpoint, the diaphragm pilot valve applies pilot pressure to the primary “poppet” valve and the appropriate valve action is initiated. Utilizing the pipeline gas itself, for both the pilot gas and power media, makes the control system independent of regulator and other power source failure. The simplicity of design, utilizing minimal components, ensures the valve operates only when required. This control module can be integrated with other control modules, such as, the “Remote Electric Control” module to achieve various desired operational control strategies.
The Gevalco Advantage
- Hi-pressure construction – no regulator, relief valve, or mechanical switching valve.
- All components constructed of corrosion resistant marine-grade, hard-anodized aluminum or stainless steel.
- Easily adjustable trip setpoint.
- No mechanical linkages, which are subject to environmental failure.
- Limit valve ensures complete opening or closing of the valve.